If you are planning for an Easter egg hunt next weekend, we want to make sure you have the perfect hard-boiled eggs for decorating, hiding and eating. Hard-boiling eggs seems simple enough, but it’s easy to overcook them, making a green or grey layer form around the yolk. We want to make sure your yolks stay golden! We are sharing some tips to make sure they turn out perfectly and keep reading for from our very own chefs!
Five Tips for Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Always start the eggs in cold water.
- Make sure there is at least an inch of water covering the tops of your eggs.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to keep shells from cracking.
- If you make a large enough batch, have a test egg to check for done-ness.
- Have an ice bath ready to chill eggs after they have cooked.